Statistics/ Econometrics/ Informatics / Mathematics
- Compulsory Courses
Quality and Data Validation
Tabulation and Data Visualisation
Data Processing and Analysis Languages for Data Mining
Introduction to R
Cluster and Ranking Analysis
Programming and Decizional Informatics
The educational plan is valid for the first year of study (2021/2022)
- Compulsory Courses
Multiple Regression. Variance and Covariance Analysis
Ethics and academic integrity in the research and preparation of the dissertation thesis
Structural Equation Models
Scaling and Conjoint Analysis
Kernel Methods and Pattern Recognition
Statistical Analysis of Text
Accounting and Information Systems
The educational plan is valid for the 2nd year of study (2021/2022)
The need for specialists able to create and manage large databases, extract information using statistical methods and provide support for decision-making is emphasised by an increasing number of competent voices in the public sphere. Concepts such as Big Data, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Mining are currently among the areas of interest of specialists from universities, research institutes and companies. At a time when computer power is growing exponentially, databases are larger and increasingly complex, which calls for specialists with mixed skills in the area of statistics and informatics, able to work in the new and dynamic conditions of the global market.
– Training high-level specialists capable to:
- Elaborate and implement databases and data storage strategies;
- Manage the structure and quality of the data relevant for an organisation, with a view to increase their value;
- Assess the methods and tools that are adequate for data analysis within specific organisational contexts;
- Apply advanced data analysis methods within a wide range of organisational environments;
- Build analysis and predictive models by using adequate tools.
– Ongoing training of the employees, in order to improve the practical experience within an organisation by using data analysis methods and specialised programme packages.
– Research development in Data Mining.
The graduates of this study programme can work in: Market research companies, (outsourcing) services companies; IT companies, Social media companies; Finance-Banking institutions; Healthcare institutions; Research centres in the private and public sector; Consultancy Firms, Companies, etc.